This dish by The Mediterranean Dish is fantastic! It has all the flavors and colors of the Mediterranean region, and when you put a spoonful in your mouth, envision yourself basking in the Mediterranean sunshine.
Israeli couscous, also known as pearl couscous, are tiny pasta shaped into small pearls.
Please try this…you won’t be disappointed!
A few notes:
- to make gluten-free, use quinoa.
- for the pearl couscous, try the whole wheat version…it has a lot more flavor.
- try to buy the toasted pearl couscous…it will save you some time. If you’re toasting the couscous, keep a watchful eye on it to prevent it from burning.
- use the freshest ingredients as possible, and wash them well.
- if you can’t find English cucumbers, use the small unwaxed pickling cukes
- for the chickpeas/garbanzos, the recipe calls for canned chickpeas. I prefer cooking them myself…has much more flavor and free of mass manufacturing processes. To cook your own chickpeas, go here.